Senior Reporting and Data Specialist
rhi is currently recruiting for a Senior Reporting and Data Specialist to join our client, a Global Oil & Gas company in their office in Bangsar South, Kuala Lumpur on a contract with rhi for 6 months and possibly an extension of 6 months. You will be supporting, Malaysia, Budapest, and other Global offices. It will be normal KL working hours and you won’t be expected to work after hours. This role will be hybrid (60% in the office and 40% working from home).
About the role
This role is part of GBS, which stands for Global Business Support. GBS People and Culture Services and Solutions (P&C S+S) is an internal global HR shared services organisation of our client and is responsible for delivering centralised and standardised People and Culture Services and Solutions for our client from several geographical delivery centres as appropriate for our client’s footprint. People and Culture Services and Solutions are the first point of contact for People and Culture related matters; the team are policy and process experts, dedicated to delivering the best customer experience. The GBS People and Culture Services and Solutions Reporting and Data team provides People and Culture operational reporting and data, MI, analytics and insights to senior leadership and key stakeholders across the business.
You will be expected to provide people data through data provisioning and provide reporting to support the business, operational and service management for our client’s business, internal People and Culture Services and Solution and cross Delivery Centres and incorporating data from multiple People and Culture sources.
• You will need a university degree or professional qualification in this field
Essential experience and job requirements
• It is important to have experience with Reporting and Data analysis. So therefore, we need someone with a minimum of 3 years reporting and/or data related experience preferably in the HR field.
• Reporting & Data associated systems such as Workday report build, Microsoft Power BI, any cloud platform knowledge and able to provide advice and knows when to ask for help and advice from senior colleagues.
• Numeracy & analytical thinking – you will need to be able to quickly and effectively analyse system generated data to provide insights (talent, reward, performance) and assimilate data and information from a range of sources to inform business insights.
• Customer focus – It is important to put the customer and business strategy at the heart of decision making. Ability to guide leaders through choices to best suit business requirements
• Solution focus – seeks to identify solutions which will add value to client and/or enhance relationships and ways of working.
• Drives value-adding solutions and a track record of improving/adding value
• Externally orientated – actively working on developing external connections, aware of best practice and actively learns from others. Ability to analyse leading practice, market trends and benchmarking
• Relationship management – Ability to build and maintain relationships with customers. Developing partnering, basic consultancy skills and a ‘coach approach’ to build trust. Is building and applying skills in active listening, influencing and communication.
• Group mind set - remembers to look beyond own team to consider the bigger picture and/or perspective of others. Successfully balances the needs of the client with local needs.
• Is continually enhancing self-awareness and actively seeks input from others on impact and effectiveness
• Applies judgment and common sense- able to use insight and good judgement to inform actions taken and respond to situations as they arise. Strong questioning skills to clarify ambiguous requirements
• Acts with integrity
• Cultural fluency - actively seeks to understand cultural differences and sensitivities
• HR Administration experience and associated systems
• Workday report development experience
• Microsoft Power Bi dashboard and report development experience
• Foundational knowledge of CRM systems
• Foundational knowledge of HR processes in Workforce, Payroll, Talent, Learning and Resourcing
• Proficient in using MS Office, particularly Excel
• A continuous improvement approach; seeking simple, ‘best fit’ solutions to challenges
rhi is a professional services provider with global expertise. Tracing our history back to the 19th century, we have spent the last 50 years as a global leader to the energy industry. We combine efficient systems and processes with a deep understanding of client challenges and market insight. We work with our clients to deliver information and resources that will support every stage of their operations. We deliver value to our employees, our clients and the countries that we work in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.