The Accounts Executive reports directly to the Accounts Manager or in his/her absence, to the Director Finance & HR. He/She is responsible for carrying out the accounting operations together with the Accounts Manager, in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures.
The Accounts Executive is responsible for performing the following duties:
• To assist the Accounts Manager in general accounting duties such as preparing payment vouchers, cheques, filing, typing, checking of claims submitted by staff, customer billing and collection.
• To assist in accounting software transaction posting to enable the finalisation of monthly Profit & Loss Account.
• To ask for latest FD rates and prepare placement/uplift as requested by Director/Finance manager.
• To prepare inter-branch billings and payments.
• To assist in daily collection and checking the accuracy of records.
• To balance and deposit all fees collected.
• To assist in the preparation of staff salaries and statutory payments.
• To prepare monthly payouts for vendors and part-time/outsourced workers.
• To assist in accounts correspondence.
• To check daily collection, compiling reports on money banked-in, advance fees and deposit, student insurance, visa fees.
• To prepare payments, student refund, updating daily cash book balances, monthly bank reconciliation statement and petty cash imprest.
• To transfer funds from collections account to deposit/payment account when required.
• To prepare credit and debit notes, invoices, journal entries, fixed assets and depreciation reports and any other accounts administrative work.
• To maintain records and remind marketing staff regarding outstanding & bad debts.
• To maintain records and compare quotations before issuing Purchase Orders.
• To check and verify company stocks/inventories.
• To respond to routine requests for assistance and information.
• To perform other duties as and when assigned by the Accounts Manager and/or Director Finance & HR.
Standards of Performance
1. Have a strong sense of ethics.
2. Able to complete assignments within assigned deadlines.
3. Able to properly manage and prioritise job duties.
4. Able to be meticulous in own work and in checking documents submitted by others.
5. Able to file documents in an orderly and easily retrievable manner.
6. Able to report immediately to supervisor or the Director Finance & HR when discrepancies or issues in accounts are detected.
7. Constantly keeping up to date on the latest changes to the policies of accounting principles, laws, taxes and standards.
8. Must have the integrity and reliability to ensure confidential data remains secure.
9. Must be able to work with a team in delivering the work together to reach the organisation’s goals.
Limits of Authority
1. Cannot obligate the Company for expenditure without the prior approval of the Accounts Manager and/or Director Finance & HR.
2. Cannot sign cheques, approval for purchase orders, quotations, offers, contracts or agreements.
Minimum Job Requirements
Education: Diploma/ Degree in Finance, Accounting. Professional qualification ACCA is considered a plus.
Experience: Proven work experience as an account executive or similar role. Experience using financial accounting software. Advanced MS Excel skills. Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures.
Personal Characteristics: Deadline-oriented, Positive attitude, Passion for hard work and growth, Multitasking ability, Team player, Responsible, Reliable.