- To conduct geological mapping activities to identify the lithology, mineralization and structural patterns in the area of interest, including collection of samples, taking of structural readings and producing a geology and structural map to show rock types, structure and mineralization patterns.
- To supervise and monitor any land surveying activity to determine the geomorphology or contours of the land; and also the coordinates and reduced levels (altitude) of the various locations of exploration activities.
- To supervise and monitor any drilling exercise to collect samples for identification and lab analysis.
- To log the drill cores or samples accordingly, and keep proper records, including photo-records.
- To keep record of the samples sent to the lab for analysis; keep track of the stages of analysis; and to keep records of the analytical results.
- To interpret the results of mapping, drilling and analysis to determine the grade, size and location of the mineral ore body for mining.
- To supervise and monitor any other exploration activity using geophysical and geochemical methods; or any other exploration method.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Chief Geologist from time to time.
Education: Bachelor or Master of Science of Geology
Senior Geologist: 10-15 years in Nickel Laterite, greenfield and brownfield exploration and resources calculations.
Junior Geologist: 5 years in Nickel Laterite greenfield and brownfield exploration.
Civil engineers design, plan, and develop technical and engineering specifications for infrastructure and construction projects. They apply engineering knowledge in a vast array of projects, from the construction of infrastructure for transportation, housing projects, and luxury buildings, to the construction of natural sites. They design plans that seek to optimise materials and integrate specifications and resource allocation within the time constraints.