C**** J*** X****'s avatar'
C**** J*** X****1 year agoTermination Rules

TERMINATION ISSUE

Recently, a friend of mine Person B was terminated. Person A blew the whistle regarding a group of 4 colleagues because Person A had personal issues with all 4 colleagues and the management did not take further action to dive into issue and fired Person B. Person B does not know what happened and what is the main reason of his termination but he did intend to leave because the company is paying RM8 for OT with long working hours up to 16 hours a day, basically FORCED labour as we are supposed to finish our job before leaving. As far as I know, OT wages should be paid a minimum of 1.5x correct? Under Akta Bekerja 1955, OT should not exceed 48 hours in a week and a minimum of 30 minutes break MUST be given after a 5 hours working hour. In this company, we were constantly exploited and experienced this on a weekly basis. Furthermore, the termination was not conducted properly. The HR contacted him to explain his actions and gave him an opportunity to express his feelings towards his job throughout his 2 months working period. In the end, everything was concluded by the HR claiming that "not providing training", "long working hours", "violating OT minimum pay" is so-called miscommunication with the management. First of all, I believe it is known that majority of the employees would expect a 1.5x pay for OT. During the interview 2 months back, the management promised a petrol allowance but did not deliver as well as OT will be paid but did not specified the rate. Also, it was found that the OT rate MUST be included in the offer letter because the law made it mandatory and if it's not on the offer letter, the company can be sued, correct?
K*** W** F***'s avatar'
K*** W** F***1 year ago
still need to refer back the offer letter, may report via WFW app if you feel something is not right