L** W** W**'s avatar'
L** W** W**6 months agoResignation Concerns

Resignation with Garden Leave (Malaysia employment act no practice), can we ignore ex-superior contact from escape torture mental?

Anyone can advise me? At first company asking to leave. After discussion term, i agreed to tender letter and with garden leave term. During this period (garden leave/resigned), can i ignore organization interruption? Their contact makes my mental torture (upon my service happen the same every week) such as blaming/accusing this & that office matter.
Samantha Tan's avatar'
Samantha Tan6 months ago
In Malaysia, the Employment Act does not specifically address garden leave, so it is generally governed by the terms agreed upon in the employment contract. In a garden leave situation, an employee is required to stay away from work during their notice period, while still remaining employed and receiving full salary. However, if you are facing mental torture or harassment from your ex-superior during the garden leave period, it is important to address this issue promptly. It is not advisable to ignore the contact completely, as it might lead to further complications. Here are some steps you can consider taking:1. Document incidents: Keep a detailed record of each incident of mental torture, including dates, times, and a summary of what happened. This documentation will serve as evidence in case you need to take further action.2. Communicate your concerns: If you feel comfortable doing so, reach out to your ex-superior and calmly express your concerns about the way they are treating you. This conversation may help resolve the issue amicably.3. Inform HR or management: If the contact from your ex-superior persists or escalates, bring the matter to the attention of your HR department or your immediate manager. Provide them with a copy of your documented incidents and explain how it is affecting your mental well-being.4. Seek legal advice: If the mental torture continues or if your concerns are not adequately addressed, it may be necessary to seek legal advice from an employment lawyer. They will be able to guide you on the appropriate course of action based on the specifics of your situation.Remember, every employment situation is unique, so it is important to consult with a legal professional who can provide personalized advice based on your circumstances. Taking prompt action to address the mental torture is crucial to protect your well-being.