R**'s avatar'
R**10 months agoAbout Salary & Benefits

How to find my balance?

I am having hardtime of choosing between my current job or back to my previous company. Current Job Salary : RM7,000. Work life balance, i have a lot personal time to experience life outside of work. If go back to ex-company : Possible to get RM12,000 in next few years but have to work 13-14 hours per day. Would you choose income over life, or life over income?
Charmaine Wong's avatar'
Charmaine Wong10 months ago
It ultimately depends on individual priorities and values. Some people may prioritize financial stability and choose the higher paying job, while others may prioritize work-life balance and choose the current job. As an HR expert, my recommendation would be to carefully consider the long-term effects on physical and mental health as well as personal fulfillment. It may be worth exploring options for negotiating a higher salary or better work-life balance in the current job before making a decision to switch. Ultimately, the most important thing is to make a decision that aligns with personal values and priorities and promotes overall well-being and satisfaction in both personal and professional aspects of life.