Nature of the Role:
As our Music Teacher, your role is to deliver the PYP/MYP program in the most effective way possible and delivering top-quality learning experiences for the students. Your responsibilities include ensuring that all elements of the curriculum and education experience (including, but not limited to, the classroom, the language of instruction, the learning resources, etc.) are at the highest standards in line with Fairview’s philosophy and befitting of international baccalaureate education requirements.
Dimensions of the Role:
● The successful applicant will be a highly skilled planner, able to work collaboratively with other teachers to improve and upgrade student learning continually.
● You must be able to produce suitable learning outcomes in line with the scope and sequence documents, involve students in deliberating on their own learning and assessment, produce units of inquiry when required and review the unit planner consistently based on student needs.
● You are also expected to be a passionate teacher, able and willing to employ a range of teaching strategies to cater to the diversity of learning needs in your classroom; you must have experience encouraging students to pursue open-ended inquiries and real-life investigations, whilst maintaining a constant awareness of second-language learners’ needs.
● In addition, you need to be familiar with assessment strategies, and use to a range and balance of recording and reporting strategies to perform assessments which are not only valid and reliable but which helps inform planning.
● You will also be expected to involve students, parents and colleagues in regular reflection on the learning and assessment process throughout the semester.
o Ultimately, music teachers are expected to actively mould the behaviour and attitudes of students such that they become role-models able to reflect the IB Learner Profile in their own creative ways.
● You are expected to counsel, motivate students and work with them to build their inquisitive nature and intentionality towards learning in a manner which respects the inter-cultural climate they belong to.
● The position will be a full-time renewable contract for an initial three-year period from.
● Designing effective lesson plans and delivering them in accordance with programme standards set forth for the assigned subject; these standards at present include IB PYP and MYP.
● Designing and administering assessments which meet reliability and validity criteria as per student learning outcomes
● Adhering to academic policies set forth by Fairview management
● Collaborating meaningfully with programme coordinators, campus leaders, the global head of department and team of subject teachers within Fairview, in order to ensure academic excellence for the specific subject in relation to curriculum design, instruction and assessment
● Participating fully in the professional development of academic staff
● Participating in campus-wide activities and other ad-hoc duties as assigned by campus heads from time to time
Key Position Requirements:
● A relevant degree and postgraduate qualification in the field of Music.
● An understanding of the developmental needs of students of different age groups.
● A commitment to and knowledge of the Middle Years Programme (MYP) & Diploma Programme (DP).
● Excellence in teaching practice.
● Effective communication skills & collaborative nature.
● Upon employment candidate might be asked to take up G8 ABRSM exam practical or higher
•Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree with Masters Degree preferred.
•Education Degree is a bonus.
•Understanding of A-Level IGCSE syllabus and IB.
•Curriculum knowledge of MYP/DP would be an added advantage.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in the related field, preferably teaching experience teaching piano in international schools.
•Language Proficiency : English, Language of Instruction
Forward to us an updated CV to [email protected] or visit our website if you would like to get to know us more :