***** ******'s avatar'
***** ******1 year agoAbout Internship

Challenges of Starting an Internship

I am currently a degree IT student and about to start an internship, but my programming skills are very poor and I have never learned the Laravel Framework. I interviewed for a software tester position at a company and was offered an internship as a Laravel Programmer. My communication and social skills are also very poor, and I easily get nervous under pressure. I have no work experience, not even as a waiter or clerk. I am already feeling stressed even though I haven't started working yet. Moreover, I have heard that the company requires employees to complete their tasks before leaving work, otherwise overtime is required. I am always worried that I won't be able to complete my tasks on time and will have to work overtime frequently to finish them. I know my attitude is very negative, and reading this post might make people think that I am not a good candidate and should not be hired or even be fired in the future. However, I am here because I hope to get your advice/thoughts/actual experiences.