We are looking for an astute procurement officer to oversee purchasing activities and ensure that purchased items are both cost-efficient and of high quality. The procurement officer's responsibilities include supervising staff, maintaining positive supplier relations, evaluating supply options, approving purchases, and maintaining accurate records.
To be successful as a procurement officer you should have an analytical mind and keep up with product and service trends. Ultimately, a top procurement officer should be able to negotiate well and ensure that all purchases comply with company standards.
Procurement Officer Responsibilities:
• Overseeing and supervising employees and all activities of the purchasing department.
• Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies.
• Following and enforcing the company's procurement policies and procedures.
• Reviewing, comparing, analyzing, and approving products and services to be purchased.
• Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
• Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
• Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts.
• Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
• Preparing budgets, cost analyses, and reports.
Procurement Officer Requirements:
• High school diploma/degree.
• Degree in accounting, business management or a similar field preferred.
• 2+ years of experience as a procurement officer or in a similar position.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and purchasing software.
• Strong communication and negotiation skills.
• Good analytical and strategic thinking skills.
• Supervisory and management experience.
• Attention to detail.
• Candidate must be willing to work in Puncak Alam.
• Can work well in team.