POSITION : ASSISTANT RESIDENT ENGINEER (ARE)
PROJECT SITE : CENTRAL SPINE ROAD (CSR) PACKAGE 1C, KELANTAN (KULAI KRAI TO SG LAKIT)
Duration : MAR 2023 to FEB 2025 (24 Months)
Summary of Duties & Responsibilities
To assist the Chief Resident Engineer, HQ Technical Manager in operating and administering the site office and be responsible for contract administration, site supervision, quality assurance and control, managing project, and providing technical and management guidance to the project team.
Chief Resident Engineer / Senior Resident Engineer / Project Manager / Project Director/ HQ Office Technical Manager
1) Minimum 8 to 15 years experience in construction supervision of civil/structure projects preferably related to bridge construction works.
2) Preferable candidate with Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Civil) or Equivalent Construction related field
3) Preferable candidate registered with the Board of Engineers Malaysia as Professional Engineer or Graduate Member
4) Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Autocad.
5) In-depth technical knowledge of Civil/Structural Engineering Works
4) Working 6 days per week
Duties & Responsibilities
1) To promote Organization’s image and services;
2) To be responsible for the public relation of the Organization;
3) To plan construction discipline implementation strategy and procedures;
4) To manage and administer human resources for the project site;
5) To provide technical and management guidance and direction to the project team;
6) To carry out an investigation, collect site information, study and check construction drawings, resolve site problems; prepare progress reports, technical reports, and other reports related to the project when required. To report any inaccuracies and discrepancies between the site and construction drawings to Chief Resident Engineer / Senior Resident Engineer / Project Director / Deputy Project Director / Assistant Project Director / Project Manager/ HQ Office Technical Manager;
7) To liaise with external parties and relevant Authorities with regard to all technical and contractual matters on the project scope and discipline;
8) To monitor the project schedule and introduce necessary measures of mitigation;
9) To ensure smooth technical and construction interfacing;
10) To review site design, calculations, drawings/shop drawings, and reports submitted by
11) To review, check, and (if holder of a P.E.certificate) endorse as-built drawings;
12) To review and comment contractor’s method statements;
13) To supervise and check that all construction works are in compliance with construction drawings and specifications;
14) To manage and administer the project including Professional Engineer (PE) endorsement, witness test certification, progress payment, as-built data, records and drawings;
15) To evaluate the final work quantity and account progressively along with the finalization of the variation orders (if any), not later than one calendar month (or such periods PDP determines) after the issuance of the Certificate of Practical Completion;
16) To check, verify as built information and drawings submitted by the Contractor
17) To maintain site diary, construction records and submit monthly progress report on status of project;
18) To ensure all time-sheet of site staff are endorsed by the client’s representative before returning them to the office;
19) To promote, implement, adhere, maintain and improve the Organization’s Integrated Management System (IMS);
20) To implement Quality Plans at work sites;
21) To inspect, monitor and ensure that contractor and subcontractor comply with the applicable Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) requirements/local regulations at the construction site;
22) To notify/report to the Chief Resident Engineer/ Senior Resident Engineer /Project Director/Deputy Project Director//Project Manager, client, contractor and subcontractor of any observed or reported HSE concern (such as non-compliance of HSE requirements, hazard, impact or accident/incident);
23) To perform any other relevant tasks assigned from time to time;
1) To advise client to issue stop work order for non-compliance of HSE matters;
2) To approve any material or workmanship that is in accordance with the contract specification other than those stated in the SQP;
3) To order rectification or demolition of defective work;
4) To delegate work and assignments to subordinates.
1) Non-compliance to the legal requirement and non-conformity to the IMS.