1. Designing, maintaining, implementing, or improving electrical instruments, facilities, components, equipment products, or systems for industrial, commercial, or domestic purposes.
2. Conferring with customers, engineers, and others to discuss existing or potential engineering products or projects.
3. Ensuring that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements by preparing electrical systems specifications, technical drawings, or topographical maps.
4. Establishing construction, manufacturing, or installation standards or specifications by performing a wide range of detailed calculations.
5. Ensuring compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements by directing or coordinating installation, manufacturing, construction, maintenance, documentation, support, or testing activities.
6. Writing reports and compiling data regarding existing and potential electrical engineering projects and studies.
7. Preparing specifications for purchases of electrical equipment and materials.
8. Estimating material, labor, or construction costs for budget preparation.