Position: Special Education Inclusion Teacher
Department: Education Team
Reporting to: Head of Education
The person selected for this job must have a recognised teaching qualification in Malaysia. This person must have work experience in working with children with SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS such as Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and Attention Deficit Disorders (ADD). This position is suitable for a sensitive and mature individual who is able to relate well to both the children and young people and can plan and implement a unique developmental programme for each individual
The jobholder demonstrates that he/she can:
• Work as a Teacher with children with Special Needs.
• Work effectively in a team
• Produce required written reports.
• Manage and supervise support staff.
• Demonstrate the ability to work towards the standards expected within the school.
• Able to plan and implement an appropriate learning program for children with ASD and ADD.
• Able to use multi-sensory approach. Familiar with PECS and ABA
• Make decisions and take independent actions in all events and incidents which may occur in the classroom.
• Communicate effectively with parents, team members and other professionals.
• Has to follow the relevant school policies and practices including but not limited to
• Health and Safety, and Child Protection policies.
• Demonstrates a responsibility towards promoting the educational and developmental potential of all participants.
• Undertake other duties commensurate with the post as requested by line management
The jobholder’s responsibilities are;
• Plan the cognitive curriculum and implement it within the school’s framework with the support of the SEN team
• Gear the programme to the needs of individual children with concerns for the interest, disability and individual style and pace of learning.
• Create and Maintain written reports about the child’s progress.
• Teach children with dignity and respect.
• Establish a good working relationship with other professionals and oversee the work of support staff.
• Organise all relevant equipment and teaching resources.
• Take part in parent meetings and educational reviews.
• Develop and implement the on-going evaluation procedures needed to assess the children's progress.
• Demonstrates a responsibility towards promoting the educational and developmental potential