*Potential for Partial Remote Work*
*Relocation Assistance is Available*
Are you a results-oriented pharmaceutical R&D scientist looking for a career change? Consider a career in life sciences project management that will enable you to utilize your strong analytical skills and deep scientific knowledge while broadening your experience to new science, to all phases of the product development life cycle, and to formalized, professional project management.
Integrated Project Management Company, Inc. (IPM) is a business consulting firm that advises on and leads the execution of companies’ strategic initiatives. From leading the development of life-saving drugs and medical devices, to leading the improvement of business processes that generate millions of dollars in cost savings, IPM’s consultants make an impact. Headquartered in Chicago—with offices in Boston, Parsippany, Minneapolis, St. Louis, Los Angeles, and San Francisco—IPM has led more than 5,000 projects for over 500 clients in the United States and globally. Our clientele ranges from Fortune 100 companies to start-ups.
IPM is a certified “Great Place to Work" company and has been named to the Great Place to Work list of "Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services".
Our Project Management Consultants are our full-time employees. They are our most important asset and the competitive advantage that sets us apart from the rest.
We have hired many life sciences scientists who have found success and fulfillment in their project management career pivots. Here’s what our consultants say about their transition from scientist to project management consultant:
“While working at IPM I have been exposed to new science. That’s appealing to me. As a scientist, my background was pre-clinical drug development in infectious disease. It has been exciting to learn how other therapeutic areas bring drugs, devices, and biologics to market.”
“At IPM I focus on project strategy, process and collaboration and not on the pure science. I wanted to be in a role where I could be at the center of a project, integrating all of the interdependent workstreams. My scientific background helps me to understand, participate, and lead the project.”
Below are some examples of projects our scientist/project management consultants have led:
· Within a collaborative PMO, managed a product development portfolio for a pharmaceutical client.
· Provided leadership in onboarding, technical training, and mentoring of other consultants while implementing best practice project management for client process improvement and therapeutic development programs.
· Devised and implemented a project management strategy at a start-up pharmaceutical company.
· Managed the multi-functional integration of an asset in late-stage development for a start-up therapeutic company start-up therapeutic company.
· Managing a vaccine development program for the COVID-19 virus.
Scientists hired by IPM that experienced high levels of success personified the following characteristics:
- Exemplary leadership skills demonstrated in relationship building and engagement with a broad spectrum of audiences
- Calm and competent executive presence and the ability to effectively communicate in diverse environments
- Solid analytical and strategic capabilities along with demonstrated work ethic, integrity, and professional conduct and appearance
- Complex problem-solving skills and the ability to navigate ambiguity and change. Receptive to learning with the ability to receive feedback and grasp general knowledge of multiple disciplines and technologies
- Proactive in seeking help when needed and acclimating to new environments
- Ability to produce and present clear, concise, and professionally written communications and presentations
As a project management consultant, your primary goals and focus will be to:
· Integrate into client environments to effectively lead project teams while building positive professional relationships with clients and associates.
· Define project objectives, requirements, and assumptions necessary to structure a project or activity.
· Develop and drive integrated project plans, aligning project tactics with project strategy.
· Establish, maintain, and lead high performance project teams, serving as the project advocate within the client organization.
· Manage projects within established scope, schedule, and budget while meeting and exceeding IPM project management standards.
Required Education and Experience
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
· BS, MS and/or PhD in one of the life sciences
· 10+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience in drug development
· 3+ years of team leadership experience.
IPM provides a comprehensive benefits package, including, but not limited to, 100% employer-paid health, dental, and life insurance coverage for employees, 401(k) matching, and relocation assistance.
IPM also provides a formal new hire orientation to position you for success. This orientation includes extensive training in our proprietary project management methodology.