At Avenue Homes, our mission is to help people invest smarter, live better, and love where they live. To execute our mission, Avenue Homes is seeking an Acquisitions Manager. The ideal candidate will have substantial exposure to hunting, preparing, and closing real estate deals, and will ensure each transaction is smooth and successful. This position is instrumental in the growth and success of our business, so we provide the tools and support our acquisitions team needs to perform at their best. This person is persuasive, confident, and detail oriented. They will be organized and approach each issue with an analytical mindset.
A real estate development/brokerage background is strongly preferred.Responsibilities
Investment Strategy Development:
- Develop and propose new pursuit tactics and methods of financial analysis
- Present findings and projects to Investment Committee
- Deploy new pursuits through the Companys acquisition processes.
- Analyze/underwrite all targeted properties.
- Set a standard of accuracy and efficiency for investment professionals in all categories
- Present all opportunities in final draft form to the Head of Investments
- Participate in all project due diligence processes
- Manage internal and external messaging of due diligence findings to Company and investment partners.
- Ensure Investment Committee members are apprised of discovered risks and mitigants
- Complete due diligence checklist prior to financial commitment
- Work with investment operations personnel to standardize and systematize all escrow and closing processes
- Participate in after-action briefings for each project post-close, seeking improvements in processes and standards with each closing.
- Prepare investment memoranda and materials
- With the Head of Investments, present and follow up on all opportunities to Investors.
- Contribute to all monthly internal and investor reporting
Lender and Investor Documentation:
- Coordinate with legal consultants in all lender and investor documentation processes.
- Ensure all executable documents are clearly defined and reflect the respective term sheets/agreements previously signed by the Company with Lenders and Investors
- Manage and store all relevant documentation and ongoing Lender/Investor correspondence.
- Assist the Head of Investments in sourcing and negotiating favorable debt terms from existing and new lender relationships when requested.
Asset Pursuit: Marketing and Lead Generation:
- Work with Marketing and Sales to clearly identify targeted properties and their traits (including ownership identification and categorization) in order to improve efficiency and effectiveness in the Companys lead generation systems.
- Work with Investments Group to encourage ongoing iterations in the asset targeting and acquisition processes, empowering the Marketing and Investment Groups to create more effective Seller outreach campaigns.
- Work with Asset Management, Finance, and Operations to ensure insurance best practices and coverage are in place at all times for each Investment.
- Implement best practices for all administrative, compliance and legal matters to ensure that the Company is protected
These targets may change as necessary but are expected goals.1) 20 properties underwritten2) 10 offers made on propertiesRegular Compensation
Annual salary (DOE), Full-time, Paid vacation.
Flexible work from home options available.