At Avenue Homes, our mission is to help people invest smarter, live better, and love where they live. To execute our mission, Avenue Homes is seeking a Controller who prides themselves on their financial prowess. This person will play a key role in growing our real estate Finance and Accounting Department. The ideal candidate will have substantial exposure to monthly closing processes, financial statements, treasury management, and corporate financial planning. They will be organized and approach each issue with an analytical mindset. They will work closely with the President & COO, and oversee the Senior Accountant and Accounts Payable Associate.
A real estate development or construction accounting/finance background is strongly preferred.Responsibilities
- Oversee and coordinate all financial activities and personnel
- Set controls and budgets to mitigate risk and increase return on investments
- Standardize and maintain a system of accounting records and techniques
- Conduct internal audits to assess financial status
- Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations
- Serve as primary contact for external auditors
- Maintenance of the books and records for a holding company, operating divisions, and series of projects (properties)
- Responsible for cash management maintenance and reporting
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Ensure all financial reports are prepared in a timely and accurate manner, including allocations and expense/revenue accruals
- Prepare and present financial statements and related reports
- Maintain relationships with banking institutions, partners, insurance brokers, and tax advisor
- Perform ad-hoc reporting, as assigned
- 7-10 years previous experience in Accounting, Finance a plus
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Advanced Excel skills
- Proficient in QuickBooks
- Proficient in MS Office 365
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- CPA preferred, Mid-to-Senior level expertise with a fast-paced and growing finance and accounting environment is preferred.
- Annual salary (DOE), Full-time, Paid vacation. This is not a remote position.
Flexible work from home options available.