Retail Marketing Executive fills a vital support role within the Retail Marketing team, crafting, developing, and executing revenue-boosting joint marketing programs. In this role, retail marketers will work closely with Sales teams, merchandise team, MD team, and external retail partners to deliver retail publicity programs and effective marketing activity on message, on time, and on budget.
Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with many priorities and possess the interpersonal skills to effectively interact across functions with minimum supervision to be hands-on in developing and executing both strategic and tactical plans.
- Develop and execute marketing plans that support the business objectives for multiple retail locations, from start to finish on strategy, on time, and on budget. Maintain and update thematic campaign planner, product marketing planner.
- Drive traffic and sales through effective local store marketing initiatives, including but not limited to print, digital, direct mail, social media, in-store events, and grassroots marketing
- Works with other Retail functions (Sales, MD, VM) to ensure key stores have special retail marketing support
- Product marketing – plan and execute new product launches, value proposition development for ‘focus funds’ – developing compelling communications and delivering these through the marketing mix (events, emails, client communications, collateral, digital, PR )
- Manage budgets for each retail location, ensuring cost-effective use of marketing resources.
- Coordinate the production of all marketing materials, from conception to delivery; Collaborate with creative teams to provide the best content to suit our retailer’s needs, including images, video, and ad copy. Ensure that deadlines are met.
- Liaise with Commercial Brand Marketing to ensure Visual Refreshment activities carried annually, brand contents direction for digital marketing to schedule on social media within brand assets guidelines.
- Work closely with shopping malls for all mall related activities such as mall's social media, events collaboration, loyalty program, in-mall media booking and advertising space opportunities.
- Monitor competitor activity, market trends, and analyze market research data and adjust marketing plans accordingly to maintain a competitive edge to determine consumer needs.
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders, including store managers, regional managers, corporate marketing, and advertising agencies, and other third parties’ corporate collaboration.
- Work with store management and staff to ensure all marketing activities are carried out flawlessly and in a timely manner
- Visits retail locations and speaks with the manager about service concerns, sales programs, newspaper shrink, incentive programs and all placement opportunities
- Evaluate campaigns with written analysis in a timely manner. Analyze data and make recommendations based on results.
- Maintain library of grassroots marketing collateral i.e. flyers, discount cards, and tear pads updated bi-annually.
- Train and manage a team of marketing coordinators responsible for executing marketing plans at the store level.
- Tackle tasks as assigned by the management, requested by marketing teams, requested by sales teams, and retailers.