This job contributes to Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf success by assisting the Outlet Manager or District Manager in executing store operations, managing people to create and maintain the best specialty coffee and tea and excellent customer service to our customers, improves sales performance, visual merchandising and any other assigned duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
Setting goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together:
- · Demonstrates a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events and manages smooth transitions thereafter to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive role model for the outlet team members.
- · Displays a customer comes first attitude by training and holding team members accountable for delivering personable customer service.
- · Drives the implementation of company programs by developing action plans and directly motivating and instructing the outlet team members to implement them to meet the operational and organizational objectives.
- · Manages with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the vision, mission, culture and values of Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf.
- · Plans, identifies, communicates, and delegates appropriate responsibilities and practices to outlet team members to ensure smooth flow of operations.
- · Provides coaching and guidance to the outlet team members to perform duties and to achieve operational goals. Constantly reviews outlet environment and key performance indicators to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement.
Planning and Execution
Developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results:
- · Monitors and manages outlet manpower to achieve and maintain store operational requirements.
- · Monitor and manages inventory to ensure that a par stock in maintained and to minimize the daily loss and waste.
- · Liaising with suppliers, contractors, warehouse and production center for the outlet’s requirements.
- · Completes warehouse supply inventory documents
- · Utilizes existing tools to identify and prioritize communications and regularly uses discretion to filter communications to the outlet team members. Communicates clearly, concisely and accurately in order to ensure effective store operations.
- · Communicates and execute launching of new products, promotions of products, any operational information and company direction effectively and efficiently.
- · Work closely with District Managers and Corporate Office to generate sales volume growth.
- · · Enforce health and safety rules.
- · Plans, monitors and manages outlet operating expenses.
Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
- · Ensure adherence to all products’ SOP to maintain the highest standards of products of The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. Educates the outlet team members, oversees the progress and facilitates the re-certification process to ensure consistent highest quality drinks and products are served.
- · Solicits customer feedback to understand customer needs and the needs of the local community.
- · Creates a welcoming and comfortable environment by maintaining the store presentation, cleanliness and enforces guidelines on music.
- ·To assist in overall coordination of catering, events and functions.
- Ensure proper usage of equipment. Educates the outlet team members if necessary.
- · Ensure all operational and personnel paperwork is accurate, complete and submitted on time, include shift report, register readings, monthly sales forecasts, daily business reports, daily float amount, employee incident report and etc.
- · Utilizes all management and operational information tools to identify, analyse and address the trends and issues in outlet performance.
- · Ensure adherence to standard operating procedures for opening, handover and closing of outlets.
- · Interview, recruit and hire the best suitable candidates
- · Prepare and submit important documents to Human Resources department on time.
- Staffs’ attendance report
- Processes payroll information including time cards, payroll worksheets and other personnel form.
- Manage leave applications
Coach, develop and retain staffs by:
- · Challenges, motivates and inspires team members to achieve business results.
- · Develop and maintain positive relationship with team members.
- · Ensure adherence to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- · Mentor, coach and supervise outlet team members and management trainees.
- · Manage, observe and evaluate team performance using performance management tools to support the operational and organizational objectives.
- · Identify areas of improvement needed and provides guidance and training.
- · Delegates duties as necessary to crew and pantry maids.
- · Perpetuates company philosophy and culture.
- · Provides information to the District Manager and Performance Review Assessments for employees they directly supervise.
- · Utilizes and demonstrates effective management principles and practices to create and maintain a successful team resulting in an environment where team members are valued and respected.