A newly created Head of Fashion Design (Apparel) job has just become available at a notable sports retailer brand as they are planning to expand their apparel segment locally.About The Head Of Fashion Design (Apparel) Role
In this business critical role, you will be responsible for leading the SEA apparel team. Manage the relationships between teams, ensuring that the product design apparel objectives are met.Key Responsibilities
- Be responsible for the overall business, operations, and functions to execute the apparel sourcing strategy
- Guide, align and own the execution of the product design SEA team in managing the product creation process (including development, material, quality and costing) ensuring that company standards and objectives are met, develop and share best practices
- Manage factory execution of proto/sample development – craft, materials, trims, graphics, colour, cost negotiation and testing
- Deliver on-time commercialisation readiness – ensure cross-functional adherence to key calendar dates/gates; final BOM (Bill of Material) released for bulk production
- Lead and inspire teams by building a diverse talent pipeline, empowering and enabling through coaching, career development and creating an environment of belonging
- Represent product development on the sport product leadership team in driving one team, future growth strategies, diversity and inclusion, innovation and end-to-end digital initiatives
- Provide functional leadership and support to cross-functional teams in areas related to source selection, capacity planning, materials, garment construction, development process, engineering/costing, sustainability, quality risk mitigation and meet all key calendar gates and dates
To succeed in this Head of Fashion Design (Apparel) role, you must have lead a team of designers in notable apparel brands.Key Requirements
- Diploma or degree from an educational entity preferably in related fields
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the apparel industry
- Minimum of eight years’ experience visiting apparel factories
- Experience in apparel product creation/execution
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively in a diverse environment with cross-functional teams
- Team player and able to work with people across all levels including management
This sports retailer needs no introduction and is recognised easily by the consumers. The culture is demanding, but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Head of Fashion Design (Apparel) job.
Apply today or email me at ****@ to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C