J***'s avatar'
J***3 years agoAbout Internship

How to encourage interns to speak up for sth they disagree?

Interns in my company seldom give their opinion, is there any method to encourage them?
陈凯's avatar'
陈凯1 year ago
每天早出夜归为的是什么?还不就是为了赚钱过生活吗?为什么不给自己一个重新选择的机会呢?公司不是最好,但也不差劲哦!月薪基本 RM10k 以上。往往 “选择” 比 “ 努力” 重要!加入我们吧!Whatsapp:+63 9696299943
陈凯's avatar'
陈凯1 year ago
每天早出夜归为的是什么?还不就是为了赚钱过生活吗?为什么不给自己一个重新选择的机会呢?公司不是最好,但也不差劲哦!月薪基本 RM10k 以上。往往 “选择” 比 “ 努力” 重要!加入我们吧!Whatsapp:+63 9696299943
陈飞's avatar'
陈飞2 years ago
公司直招,vx:swqq5201314y
陈飞's avatar'
陈飞2 years ago
公司直招,vx:swqq5201314y
Justin Ooi's avatar'
Justin Ooi2 years ago
if the company/management not ready to listen then don't encourage at all, because when people gave the Harsh truth, most of the time act defensively/or ignore. slowly it have the culture of better don't say too much.
Lee Chin Cheng's avatar'
Lee Chin Cheng2 years ago
Been an intern many years ago. The experience tells me you will need prepare them a proper platform to express themselves. In my personal, 'no right and wrong answer', and superior and co-workers have to be egoless, open-minded, and prepared for feedback that may seem 'provoking' or 'unconventional'.
C* S***'s avatar'
C* S***2 years ago
Actually intern can speak very straight forward. Only scare thing is their HOD will revenge and write the failed internship report for the intern. Therefore, interns have to fake & hide the true, speak whatever HOD / boss like to hear, very standard answer. This may be generation issue. HOD nowadays all 80's or older than that. They unable to accept the new ideas or thinking for gen Y & gen Z. The old school company & management mindset, make new gens leave company. Therefore, not the new gen issue, is the way of of leader issue. Use the suit way to lead the suit people. For the the truth, use the nominate method, build company internal forum, threat like informal chat room. Hidden all the name & position as voice up the issue or provide ideas.
B**********'s avatar'
B**********3 years ago
I'm not sure how to do it
Grace Wong's avatar'
Grace Wong1 year ago

Interns are new to the company or maybe workplace, it is normal for them to feel the hesitation to bring up their disagreement or opinion. What I would suggest is cultivate an warm and friendly working environment in the team. When they said something wrong, criticize them in a more gentle way. Other than that, make sure they are clear of the company's operation, so that they have the confidence to discover the problem and point it out.

Khoo Huiyong Sandra's avatar'
Khoo Huiyong Sandra4 days ago

Maybe you would want to ask them their thoughts directly, and listen with an open mind. Most interns don't speak up because they are afraid their ideas would get shot down if they do. Show that you are willing to listen, and put enough trust in them.